The LIFE Marriage Retreats Principles
5 Reasons a Couples Retreat Will Save Your Relationship
Why You Should Go to a Marriage Retreat in Texas
There are marriage retreats all over the world, but LIFE Marriage Retreats’ Texas location—as well as our Sundance and San Diego locations—encourages growth and lasting positive change. If you are unsure about where you want to take a marriage retreat, read this list of reasons why going to one in Texas is the best option.
- Southern Hospitality
People in Texas are extremely friendly no matter where you go. You will find the same feeling with LIFE Marriage Retreats, where you are provided with dining, activities, and a comfortable bed and bath suite. The famed southern hospitality will remind you to be kind to everyone, especially your spouse.
- Great Food
Texas is known for its delicious food, such as its BBQ, Tex-Mex, Blue Bell ice cream, and iced tea. You will also be able to find cuisines from all over the world. Good food like Texas comfort food puts you at ease and helps you to focus on making your marriage stronger.
- Beautiful Scenery
Texas is extremely beautiful, especially at LIFE Marriage Retreats, just 45 miles west of Austin. It is also abundant with wildlife, and the weather is great all year long. During the day you will see endless blue skies, and at night you can spot thousands of bright stars. When you are surrounded by such natural beauty, you will find it is easier to connect with your partner and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
At LIFE Marriage Retreats, we know that you want to find hope in your marriage. Taking time away from your stressful and busy life for a marriage retreat in a beautiful location reminds you that your marriage is important.
If you decide that the LIFE Marriage Retreats’ Texas location is right for you, you will find four days of enlightening private marriage counseling, peaceful reconnection, and a new outlook on your marriage through experiential activities. Choose to make your marriage a priority.
Contact us today to reserve your spot for a marriage retreat at our Texas location.
Learning to Validate and Support
At a LIFE couples retreat you learn to love your spouse better. Two of the best ways to show love to your spouse and create a healthy relationship is to validate and support them.
Validating and supporting does not necessarily mean agreeing with or conceding to him or her, but it does mean trying to understand why your partner feels and acts a certain way.
Validation is often verbally communicated. For example, if you have just arrived late and your partner is upset, you should verbally admit that you were late, apologize, and recognize his or her anxiety or feelings about the situation. This shows that you care about your partner’s feelings and time.
Physically, validation can be communicated through intimacy or a reassuring touch. Repeatedly rejecting your partner’s physical advances actually affects you chemically, causing distancing and sometimes resentment. Instead, validate your partner’s physical needs and presence by responding happily and encouraging your physical connection.
Support has similar verbal and physical cues that make a big difference. Frequently tell your partner how much his or her efforts mean to you, congratulate accomplishments, and stand up for him or her in front of family or friends.
To physically show support you might hold hands in distressing (or normal) situations. You might also keep a hand on your partner’s back or arm while in public.
All relationships require encouragement and time to make progress. And like anything worth having, good marriages don’t just happen.
When you attend a LIFE small group Marriage Retreat or a LIFE private Marriage Retreat you will learn skills like validation and support to grow in your marriage. A couples retreat is one of many marriage retreat ideas that can rekindle romance and interest in your marriage.
Even if you think there is little hope for your marriage, you can find lasting change, peace, and growth that will help you and your partner feel accepted and worthy of trust, love, loyalty, and time. Contact us today to schedule a LIFE Marriage Retreat.
The Difference Between a Retreat and a Vacation
Depending on your exact definitions of retreats and vacations, a retreat is generally the process of withdrawing from a dangerous situation or place, and a vacation is a time away from something.
The purpose of a marriage retreat is to take you away from a negative marriage situation and make progress toward a better, more fulfilling life with your partner. Marriage retreat ideas range from a weekend away from the kids to a full training retreat. Here are some of the key differences between a vacation and a marriage retreat.
- Includes time away from normal work and responsibilities.
- Could be in any location you consider fun or relaxing.
- May be with other friends or family members, even the kids.
- Unstructured unless you plan it.
- Ends when you return home or back to your normal schedule.
- Includes time away from work and home to focus on your marriage and your spouse.
- Usually occurs in a specific location with a counselor or guide.
- Includes only your spouse.
- Structured with private counseling sessions, experiential activities, and time to relax.
- Helps you resolve marital issues and wounds, and leads to a shared vision for the future.
- The progress you make doesn’t end when you return home.
A marriage retreat can still feel like a vacation because it includes time away from your normal responsibilities and is in a beautiful location, but the rejuvenation and hope you receive is unique to a marriage retreat. Ideas for your next vacation should include a couples retreat from LIFE Marriage Retreats.
Contact us to book a spot at a LIFE Marriage Couples Retreat or a private retreat today, or learn more by calling 877-376-7127.
Choose Your Own Marriage Retreat
Every couple searching for a marriage retreat has different reasons for attending. Some feel they have lost the love in their relationship, while others want to learn to trust each other again. LIFE Marriage Retreats knows that couples want experiences tailored to their unique circumstances.
With LIFE Marriage Retreats, you can choose what you want from your experience. Be honest with yourself and your partner as you seek the help you need. Here are a few things to consider:
- Your partner: You chose your spouse when you got married. Now you should think about his or her needs and feelings as you choose the right retreat.
- Personalization: Each LIFE Marriage Retreat utilizes private sessions with experienced counselors to help you find hope and encouragement in your marriage. They also give you a chance to personalize your Retreat. You will understand how to find lasting change specifically for you instead of general advice from a one-size-fits-all program.
- Practice: You need to be able to implement what you learn at your marriage retreat in real time and real-life ways, which is why you will have the opportunity to practice new marriage principles and skills that work with your relationship.
- Location: LIFE Marriage Retreats rotates hosting retreats in three beautiful locations away from your usual worries. If you can’t get away from work and other responsibilities, you also have the option of an In-home Marriage Rescue.
- Size: LIFE Marriage Retreats only allow a limited number of couples to keep the setting intimate and private. However, we also have private marriage retreats available.
Choose to make your marriage a priority with a LIFE Marriage Retreat. Contact us at 877-376-7127 to learn more or book a couples retreat at http://lifemarriage.wpengine.com/4-day-retreat/register/.
Rediscover the Magic with LIFE Marriage Retreats
On your wedding day, you walked down that aisle with a rosy vision of your future together. But somewhere along the way, that vision seemed to get a little lost. Are you and your spouse ready to rediscover the magic you once had?
There are many marriage retreats in San Antonio, but it is important to choose the right one for your marriage. No matter where your relationship is today, it is the perfect place to begin a new journey toward lasting, positive change — LIFE Marriage Retreats can guide the way.
At a LIFE marriage retreat, couples find healing, renewed trust, and the highest level of communication they have ever experienced. Any committed couple looking to take their marriage to a higher level of love, trust, and effectiveness can benefit from a LIFE Training Retreat.
If you’re ready to feel more connected to your partner, develop trust and communication, or simply want to be happier in your relationship, LIFE Marriage Retreats can help.
While all of the Retreats we offer are in beautiful locations, LIFE Marriage Retreats in Texas have a specific ambiance. The lake setting in the Texas Hill Country is more than just a beautiful geographic location. Here, you might take long walks through peaceful woods with your loved one, or spot wildlife among the hills. In a beautiful lake house, you can connect with nature and your spouse.
Retreats are available for small groups or as private one-on-one retreats. The retreat offers a constructive combination of training, private sessions, experiential activities, and free time. To ensure positive group dynamics, as well as maximum personal attention, attendance is limited.
The retreat’s all-inclusive pricing includes private bed and bath suite accommodations, all meals, training, private sessions, all activities, and post-retreat support to ensure lasting, positive change.
You married this person for a reason. Now is the time to make a positive change for your marriage. If you’re looking for marriage retreats in San Antonio, choose LIFE Marriage Retreats.
Why LIFE Marriage Retreats is the Best Retreat in Austin
We know that there are other marriage retreats to choose from, even just from those in Texas. However, LIFE Marriage Retreats—Austin is only 40 miles east of our Lake LBJ location—has various benefits that you won’t be able to get elsewhere. Here are some of the reasons why a four-day LIFE Marriage Retreat is the best option for you:
Location does make a difference. We have found that our couple’s growth and healing are enhanced by the peace and beauty of nature. The LIFE Marriage Retreat near Austin is located on the shore of Lake LBJ, a constant-level lake with abundant wildlife. Live oaks and wild flowers form the backdrop for the relationship experience of a lifetime. We make the most of those beautiful surroundings by getting out into them for some great experiential learning activities that will create “ah-hah” moments of discovery for you.
At LIFE Marriage Retreats you will learn and experience the principles and skills that define every successful relationship. As you work in private sessions with an experienced and caring counselor those principles and skills gain traction in your hearts and marriage, and you will be inspired to reconnect with one another and to reach for higher and happier ground in your lives and marriage. Healing will occur, communication will flourish, and trust will grow.
3. Lasting Results
Everything we do at LIFE is designed to help you create the immediate and lasting positive results you crave in your life and marriage. The most common feedback we receive from couples after a Retreat is, “It was more than we ever expected.” We help you continue that relationship growth and momentum through our outstanding AfterCare program, continuing to work with you via private video conference in the months following the Retreat.
LIFE Marriage Retreat’s all-inclusive pricing takes much of the stress out of attending a Retreat. One fair price covers your private bed and bath suite, all of your meals, activities and training, private sessions, and the AfterCare program. Now is the time and the Texas Hill Country is the place to begin your relationship journey.
Rediscover the joy in your marriage with LIFE Marriage Retreats—Austin, Texas is the perfect place to begin the journey. To schedule your spot, contact LIFE Marriage Retreats at (877) 376-7127.
3 Results of Attending Marriage Retreats in Utah
Part of what makes LIFE marriage retreats so successful for couples are the locations. One of those exceptional locations lies in the beautiful mountains of Sundance, Utah, and there are several reasons it’s the perfect place for LIFE marriage retreats. Utah mountains are almost ethereal in their beauty, and they contribute to a sense of peace and clarity in those who choose to spend time in them. Here are a few of the results of attending a LIFE marriage retreat in such a beautiful place:
- Increased peace and decreased stress. You are familiar with the stress of a struggling relationship, stress that shows up in negative thoughts, words, and behaviors. As you settle into our Sundance cabin, you’ll feel a sense of peace and clarity growing inside of you. Immersion in a lovely, natural environment with pine trees, flowing streams, and fresh air will do wonders for your soul. Nature has a way of easing the tension out of your mind and body, as you’ll see in Sundance. In such an environment you will find relationship insights and direction that have previously eluded you.
- A feeling of harmony and refreshment. When your marriage is struggling, it’s hard not to feel at war with yourself, your spouse, and sometimes the world around you. Trust is strained and resentment can start to creep in. As you engage in a LIFE retreat in Sundance with an open heart and a desire to reconnect with one another, you will find the setting of perfect nature to be conducive to restoring harmony and balance to your soul and your marriage. You will find healing.
- Hope for renewal. Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of attending a LIFE marriage retreat in Sundance, Utah, is the blossoming of hope you’ll experience. Experiential teaching activities will immerse you in the beautiful surroundings, and the principles and skills you learn working one-on-one with skilled and caring counselors will take you to higher and happier ground in your relationship.
Attending a LIFE marriage retreat in Sundance, Utah, might be one of the most important things you ever do for your marriage. For years LIFE marital retreats have helped couples transform their relationships into all a marriage should be. Don’t delay taking the next step. Contact us today about LIFE’s retreats for couples by calling 877-376-7127 or by visiting lifemarriageretreats.com.