What To Expect:
» Learn that trust is not just something of the heart, but is also connected deeply to the brain and its patterns and processes.
» Identify your Cycle of Thoughts, Behaviors, and Emotions and learn how to consistently break the negative cycle and replace it with one that is healthy and trust-building.
» Honestly evaluate your own trustworthiness and that of your partner.
» Identify the specific negative attitudes, behaviors, and patterns that have led to the damaging of trust in your marriage.
» Identify and experience the so-called “Rescuers” of trust, those attitudes, behaviors, and patterns that heal trust and take it to ever-higher levels.
» Take your relationship communication to a higher and healthier level.
» Experience a decline in relationship stress, and instead feel a rise in your personal and relationship sense of peace and well-being.
“I would like to express my gratitude for Gerry, Margo and David individually and as a team for a transforming experience. Their authenticity was unmistakable.”
Includes 6 hours of videos and a course workbook.
Section 1: Relationship Trust is a Matter of the Brain as Well As The Heart
- We examine the crucial role that the brain and our thoughts play in the ebb and flow of trust and how a clear understanding of our Thoughts-Emotions-Behaviors Cycle can provide a pathway to restoring relationship trust.
Section 2: What Do You Most Want to Trust and Be Trustworthy In?
- We explore the definition of trust and the key of your own personal accountability and trustworthiness to influence the growth of trust in your relationship. We will look at neuropathways and help you begin to establish new pathways that will speed our journey to rescuing trust.
Section 3: Are You Competent or Obsolete in Your Most Important Marriage and Family Roles and Responsibilities?
- We’ll learn how, just like in a job or profession, we can become obsolete in some of our marriage and family roles and responsibilities if we fall behind the learning and growth curve.
Section 4: The Powerful Influence of Acceptance and Accountability in Marriage
- Discover an important key to unlock trust and identify a number of ways to invite rapid and measurable growth of trust with others. Also realize that acceptance of your spouse is a powerful influencer and does not prevent you from holding one-another accountable.
Section 5: Make and Keep Promises and Other Simple Plans and Practices that Deliver Astonishing Results
- We will detail the journey of real couples and the amazing turnarounds they experienced in restoring trust through application of simple and achievable plans and practices and lead you through a process of developing your own plan to quickly build measurable trust in your relationship. Also learn the 5:1 rule of deposits and withdrawals.
Section 6: The Trust ‘Predators’ that Have Been Set Loose in Your Marriage
- Learn how trust predators are not people, but are the negative thoughts, behaviors, and practices that the partners have brought into the relationship. Discover the signs of the first four predators; Pride, Fear, Negative Justification, and Resentment.
Section 7: Understand the Trust Predators, Do Not Fear Them
- We will examine five more common trust predators that prey on marriage relationships: Emotional Dependency, Incivility and Disrespect, Negative Judgment, Lack of Quality Time Together, and Emotional Baggage.
Section 8: The Role of Flawed Perspective in Relationship Struggles
- You’ll learn about Flawed Perspective as the 10th trust predator and how it plays a part in the previous 9 predators as well. We will identify a number of the dangerous results of the predators we have defined including poor communication, infidelity, anger, and dishonesty.
Section 9: Out of the Jungle and Into the Light: The Trust Rescuers
- We will introduce the first three Trust Rescuers that will tame the trust predators in your marriage: Humility, Offering Appropriate Trust, and Accountability. You will meet couples who focused on bringing these specific rescuers to bear on the predators of Pride, Fear, and Negative justification with great results.
Section 10: You Can’t Rescue Trust Without Talking About It
- We will revisit the Thoughts, Feelings, and Behaviors Cycle and introduce you to the next 2 trust rescuers, Forgiveness and Charity, and Good Communication skills.
Section 11: Rescuing Trust Through Giving What Everyone Deserves
- You’ll learn about some of the most foundational trust rescuers in any relationship: Showing Respect and Civility to one another, being Loyal, and Spending Quality Time Together. You will learn more about Gerry and Margo’s relationship and efforts to build trust.
Section 12: Our Behavior Flows From Our Perspective of Reality, So Let’s Get Clear!
- We will examine the 10th trust rescuer, Clear and Accurate Perspective and teach more principles and skills of communication to help you and your partner better understand one-another’s feelings and views. We will give you some great tools and practices that will help you bring the trust rescuers into your marriage.
Section 13: The Third Leg of Trust: The Four Areas of Need
- We wrap up our discussion of trust rescuers and how they will replace the trust predators as you move forward. We introduce you to The Four Areas of Need, and how couples build trust by recognizing their own and one-another’s Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual Needs and assisting one another in fulfilling them.
Section 14: Restoring Trust and Emotional and Physical Intimacy (Conclusion)
- We look at how trust is a key necessity to bringing fulfilling emotional and physical intimacy into your relationship. We will examine some of the crucial commitments and practices common to the most loving relationships. We’ll leave you with counsel and ideas that you can immediately put to use as you continue your journey toward deep and satisfying relationship trust.
“The training curriculum was exciting and unique. I learned so many things that I had never even thought about or realized were so crucial to our marriage relationship.”
“My overall experience has been outstanding, magical, eye-opening, and simply amazing. The group discussions were so supportive and encouraging; our activities were exhilarating, fun, and profoundly effective. Our private sessions with Gerry and Margo were nothing short of amazing and life altering, and the understanding and gentle guidance shown helped me more that I could have ever imagined.”
“We have spent considerable time in marriage counseling, but we accomplished far more in the four-day LIFE Retreat than we ever did in counseling. We felt safe with one another and with Margo and Gerry and this led to our walls coming down and a new relationship being rebuilt.”
“LIFE is recognized as one of the best marriage programs in the world.”
Get Instant Access To The Course
Choose the package that works best for you.