There are marriage retreats all over the world, but LIFE Marriage Retreats’ Texas location—as well as our Sundance and San Diego locations—encourages growth and lasting positive change. If you are unsure about where you want to take a marriage retreat, read this list of reasons why going to one in Texas is the best option.
- Southern Hospitality
People in Texas are extremely friendly no matter where you go. You will find the same feeling with LIFE Marriage Retreats, where you are provided with dining, activities, and a comfortable bed and bath suite. The famed southern hospitality will remind you to be kind to everyone, especially your spouse.
- Great Food
Texas is known for its delicious food, such as its BBQ, Tex-Mex, Blue Bell ice cream, and iced tea. You will also be able to find cuisines from all over the world. Good food like Texas comfort food puts you at ease and helps you to focus on making your marriage stronger.
- Beautiful Scenery
Texas is extremely beautiful, especially at LIFE Marriage Retreats, just 45 miles west of Austin. It is also abundant with wildlife, and the weather is great all year long. During the day you will see endless blue skies, and at night you can spot thousands of bright stars. When you are surrounded by such natural beauty, you will find it is easier to connect with your partner and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
At LIFE Marriage Retreats, we know that you want to find hope in your marriage. Taking time away from your stressful and busy life for a marriage retreat in a beautiful location reminds you that your marriage is important.
If you decide that the LIFE Marriage Retreats’ Texas location is right for you, you will find four days of enlightening private marriage counseling, peaceful reconnection, and a new outlook on your marriage through experiential activities. Choose to make your marriage a priority.
At a LIFE couples retreat you learn to love your spouse better. Two of the best ways to show love to your spouse and create a healthy relationship is to validate and support them.
Validating and supporting does not necessarily mean agreeing with or conceding to him or her, but it does mean trying to understand why your partner feels and acts a certain way.
Validation is often verbally communicated. For example, if you have just arrived late and your partner is upset, you should verbally admit that you were late, apologize, and recognize his or her anxiety or feelings about the situation. This shows that you care about your partner’s feelings and time.
Physically, validation can be communicated through intimacy or a reassuring touch. Repeatedly rejecting your partner’s physical advances actually affects you chemically, causing distancing and sometimes resentment. Instead, validate your partner’s physical needs and presence by responding happily and encouraging your physical connection.
Support has similar verbal and physical cues that make a big difference. Frequently tell your partner how much his or her efforts mean to you, congratulate accomplishments, and stand up for him or her in front of family or friends.
To physically show support you might hold hands in distressing (or normal) situations. You might also keep a hand on your partner’s back or arm while in public.
All relationships require encouragement and time to make progress. And like anything worth having, good marriages don’t just happen.
When you attend a LIFE small group Marriage Retreat or a LIFE private Marriage Retreat you will learn skills like validation and support to grow in your marriage. A couples retreat is one of many marriage retreat ideas that can rekindle romance and interest in your marriage.
Even if you think there is little hope for your marriage, you can find lasting change, peace, and growth that will help you and your partner feel accepted and worthy of trust, love, loyalty, and time. Contact us today to schedule a LIFE Marriage Retreat.
The purpose of a marriage retreat is to take you away from a negative marriage situation and make progress toward a better, more fulfilling life with your partner. Marriage retreat ideas range from a weekend away from the kids to a full training retreat. Here are some of the key differences between a vacation and a marriage retreat.
- Includes time away from normal work and responsibilities.
- Could be in any location you consider fun or relaxing.
- May be with other friends or family members, even the kids.
- Unstructured unless you plan it.
- Ends when you return home or back to your normal schedule.
- Includes time away from work and home to focus on your marriage and your spouse.
- Usually occurs in a specific location with a counselor or guide.
- Includes only your spouse.
- Structured with private counseling sessions, experiential activities, and time to relax.
- Helps you resolve marital issues and wounds, and leads to a shared vision for the future.
- The progress you make doesn’t end when you return home.
A marriage retreat can still feel like a vacation because it includes time away from your normal responsibilities and is in a beautiful location, but the rejuvenation and hope you receive is unique to a marriage retreat. Ideas for your next vacation should include a couples retreat from LIFE Marriage Retreats.
Every couple searching for a marriage retreat has different reasons for attending. Some feel they have lost the love in their relationship, while others want to learn to trust each other again. LIFE Marriage Retreats knows that couples want experiences tailored to their unique circumstances.
With LIFE Marriage Retreats, you can choose what you want from your experience. Be honest with yourself and your partner as you seek the help you need. Here are a few things to consider:
- Your partner: You chose your spouse when you got married. Now you should think about his or her needs and feelings as you choose the right retreat.
- Personalization: Each LIFE Marriage Retreat utilizes private sessions with experienced counselors to help you find hope and encouragement in your marriage. They also give you a chance to personalize your Retreat. You will understand how to find lasting change specifically for you instead of general advice from a one-size-fits-all program.
- Practice: You need to be able to implement what you learn at your marriage retreat in real time and real-life ways, which is why you will have the opportunity to practice new marriage principles and skills that work with your relationship.
- Location: LIFE Marriage Retreats rotates hosting retreats in three beautiful locations away from your usual worries. If you can’t get away from work and other responsibilities, you also have the option of an In-home Marriage Rescue.
- Size: LIFE Marriage Retreats only allow a limited number of couples to keep the setting intimate and private. However, we also have private marriage retreats available.